These protein bites are an awesome treat to keep in the fridge for many reasons:
- They are a great substitute for breakfast when you’re running out the door.
- They tide you over between meals so that you don’t over-snack. They also have a long shelf life in the fridge.
- You can freeze them which means you can make a large batch to last a while.
- They are easy to make and require no baking.
Here is what you need:
- 2 ¾ Cups of Old Fashioned Oats
- 2 Cups of Peanut Butter
- ⅔ Cup of Honey
- 1 Bag of Mini Chocolate Chips
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. of Vanilla Extract
- 1 Tbsp. of Flax Seeds
- 1 Tbsp. of Chia Seeds
In one large mixing bowl, add all of the ingredients listed above starting with your dry ingredients and ending with your honey, peanut butter and vanilla. Mix well until all oats are well-coated in peanut butter and honey. You will want to be sure you’re scooping all the way to the bottom of your dish so you don’t miss any dry oats.
Next, cover your bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1-hour. You want the mixture to feel cold when you’re packing it into balls.
Remove from the refrigerator and pack into 1-inch thick balls. Using a cookie scoop helps portion the mixture and then you will need to pack them down with your hands. Lay your peanut butter balls on wax paper on a baking sheet and return to the fridge for 1 more hour. After this they should be well-formed and can be stored in any tupperware or zip lock bag. If you feel like you have a large batch and you want to keep them fresh then you can put some in the freezer for a later date.
This Recipe makes about 45 protein bites (you will only see about 40 in the picture because we ate so many while prepping them, haha!)